Food Society is a new concept, a celebration of food mixed with old school hospitality and unparalleled service.
These core values of Food Society are brought together in a unique environment designed around the heart beat of the business - an open kitchen for both it's own restaurant and off site catering clients.
Food Society's team is carefully selected to represent years of special event catering experience for Sydney's corporate, fashion and entertainment industry clients. The Darlinghurst venue is the showcase and heart and soul of Food Society's hospitality, for everyone in Sydney to experience and enjoy.
The Food Society is available now to design your next catering solution, please reach us at: email@example.com
Our Darlinghurst RESTAURANT is a new concept, a celebration of food mixed with old school hospitality and unparalleled service.
" The Darlinghurst restaurant is a casual dining experience showcasing Modern Eastern European cuisine, unique imported beers and spirits. With a menu designed to be shared, and a kitchen open late, it truly is a social food experience.
- Chicken liver parfait with onion jam and toasted bread. - $18
- Cured meats with chargrilled csabai sausage and house pickled vegetables. - $22
- Pork belly smalec with apple and caraway served with polish pickles and toasted breads. - $15
OUR DARLINGHURST RESTAURANT MENU
- twice cooked lamb ribs with sliced potatoes, tomato, eggplant and rosemary. [gf] - $26
- Grilled cuttlefish on squid ink risotto and parmesan. [gf] - $26
- Crisp skin fish with turnip puree, wilted greens and herbed shallot vinaigrette. [gf] - $28
- Roasted duck with red apple, walnut, watercress and parsnip cream. [gf] - $32
- Goulash society style – slow braised beef cheek, polenta and paprika. [gf] - $28
- Vegetarian dolma two ways on cannellini beans and roasted field mushroom. [v],[gf] - $26
- Brick pastry filled with goats and spinach, served with baby vegetables and polenta. [v] - $24
- Selsko meso/slow braised pork with crème fraiche and roasted capsicum. [gf] - $22
- Croatian style tomato soup with brown rice and poached chicken . [gf] - $22
- Potato salad with crispy speck and polish pickles. [gf] - $7.5
- Green beans with almond butter [v],[gf] - $7.5
- Cucumber salad with sour cream and smoked paprika. [v],[gf] - $7.5
- Fried chat potatoes with marjoram, parsley, chili and garlic. [v],[gf] - $7.5
- Crispy brussel sprouts with csabai and apple cider vinegar. [v],[gf] - $7.5
- Farmhouse bread. - $2.5
- Society signature pashka with strawberry compote. - $12
- 'Polish brioche' filled with custard, fig and walnut in toasted meringue. - $16
- Sour cherry pierogi with cream and mint . - $12
- bulgarian style mini doughnuts with walnut sugar and dark chocolate sauce. - $13
- Society coffee chocolate cream with aromatics and honeycomb - $12
- Chefs seasonal cheese board, roasted grapes, serbian style 'ustipke' bread and crackers. - $24
V - vegetarian Gf – gluten free All dished that are served with bread, toast or crackers can be gluten free on request.
Welcome to Food Society. We hope you enjoy our twist on the traditional 'high tea', a selection of handmade sweet and savoury canapés.
If you would like to enjoy the full experience we suggest trying our signature matching vodka iced teas.
American Express cards incur a 3% service charge
- Spiced lentil salad in witlof (v,gf)
- Burek cigar of Bulgarian feta, spinach and ouzo (v)
- Blini of vodka and beetroot cured ocean trout and ocean trout roe Jerusalem artichoke tartlet (v)
- Croquette of confit duck with horseradish cream and smoked paprika
+ Cucumber vodka and mint tea caprioska
- Mini brioche slider of poached chicken, walnut and celery mayonnaise, fresh apple and celery leaf
- Petit side salad of watercress, tomato and shaved baby raddish
+ Zubrowka and earl grey sour
-Mini lime meringue pie
- Society coffee cream with housemade honeycomb
- Ricotta doughnuts with lemon sugar and amaretto honey
+ Watermelon and zytnia ice tea
$45 per person
$63 with cocktails
In addition to our own venue, your Food Society event manager can conduct a venue search to help with suggestions for your perfect event location, or work with a venue that you have already chosen.
As an accredited Gold Licensed Caterer, and with a loyal following of clients from creative industries or simply just 'in the know' - Food Society can access many unique venues across Sydney and the surrounding areas. Everything from private yachts on the harbour, credited venues, gardens and exclusive private venues are available.
Food Society is also proud to be one of just a few select caterers with access to the below venues, to name a few:
Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park
Venues available include the Showring, Heritage Park, the magnificent Byron Kennedy Hall and several film and photo shoot locations. [read more]
Luxe Studios and Productions, East Sydney
Luxe is a state-of-the-art development providing high quality studio facilities for all types of events ranging from intimate dinners to exclusive cocktail parties and luxury product launches to chic fashion shows. [read more]
The Island Sydney Harbour
A stunning 'floating beach club' venue which brings together European Beach Club culture with the iconic backdrop of the Sydney Harbour - available to be positioned anywhere and catering for up to 200 guests cocktail style. [read more]
Our team is carefully selected to represent years of special event catering experience Sydneys private events and weddings, as well as corporate, fashion and entertainment industry clients.
Through many years of hands-on experience in the industry, the Food Society team will deliver exceptional customer service as well as seasonally-inspired menus, and passionate 'old school' hospitality. The Food Society philosophy is driven by a commitment to design and tailor a unique solution to suit each individual client; with the view that while food is the art-form, the event itself is the creative canvas in which to showcase it. In addition to our own venue, we have access to many unique locations across Sydney. Your Food Society event planner can assist with locating the ideal venue for your event, or work with you on a location you have already chosen.
Some of our clients are; Sydney Festival MTV ACP Magazines MAC makeup Westpac CBA LJ Hooker Ogilvy Channel 7