Come and enjoy our 2015 award-winning afternoon high tea menu. A degustation of 'tea gastronomy' - handmade savoury and sweet canapes matched with premium single origin teas and house infused vodka based iced tea cocktails.
Ideal for monrning or afternoon tea gatherings - birthdays, kitchen teas or hen's celebrations, the 'Vodka High Tea' is a hidden gem in Darlinghurst with plenty of vintage knick-knacks to intrigue and chat about, and an old world atmosphere…
The award-winning Vodka High Tea is available every Saturday from 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Canape degustation $45
Canape degustation with a glass of french bubbles $55
Canape degustation and one of our signature chilled tea cocktails $60
Canape degustation with four 'vodka sippers' $65
All packages include premium single origin tea selections.
If you are celebrating a birthday or special occasion, our chefs can cut and prepare your cake at no additional charge.
We love a great celebration – and nothing is better suited to a group dining experience than our sharing style menus!
Starting from $55 per person, we have put together our signature dishes and favourites for you to enjoy – and options to match vodkas or mini cocktails to your courses are aplenty! The dishes are well paced, substantial (and tasty!) and allow you to pass and share with your friends, while the kitchen team will happily look after any individuals with special dietary requirements.
Email us about your next celebration, and we'll chat about the best way to make that happen, and to make you feel at home…
The Food Society event team can also assist with exclusive bookings – catering up to 150 guests cocktail style and 80 seated. We can create bespoke menus and interactive food stations, or stick with our classic sharing style menus – the Darlinghurst venue is ideal for your next private or corporate event.
Welcome to Food Society, this summer is a very special time for us, we have been busy finding new wines, selecting fresh flowers and new vintage collectables, hanging new lights, and working with our friends, family and colleagues to give you what we hope will be a very memorable visit for you, our guests. We very much hope you enjoy your time with us and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon…
Oh you must try one of our house-infused vodkas, they are life changing!!
Sunday to Wednesday: CLOSED
available for groups and private bookings
Thursday to Saturday: 6.00pm until late
Vodka High Tea
Saturday: 12.30pm to 4.30pm
bookings essential for Vodka High Tea!
Private event bookings available
- Three cheese pierogi with duck ragu (v opt) $18
- Sourdough and tarragon crumbed mushrooms served with paprika fondue (v) $13
- Sliced beets, dill and betroot vinaigrette, cherries and whipped goat's curd (v, gf) $13
- 'Shopska' salad of cucumber, heirloom tomato, bulgarian feta and fresh herbs (v, gf) $14
- Our signature fried cauliflower with paprika, parsley, watercress and reduced red wine vinegar (v) $15
- Grilled octopus and prawns marinated in paprika and fresh lemon (gf) $17
- House smoked salmon pastrami served with seeded mustard aioli, pickled radish and golden beets (gf) $17
- Double smoked pork neck with quince gel, baby herbs and creme fraiche (gf) $14
- Lightly floured and fried whitebait with eschallot caramel $13
- Pan seared duck breast, radicchio, apricot compote and feferoni salsa $18
- Selection of cured meats, pistachio and chilli mortadella, truffle salami and char grilled 'csabai' pork sausage with housemade condiments and pickles $22
- Dark rye $2.5
- Housemade char grilled gluten free bread - $3.5
- Pan seared chicken breast, lightly pickled heriloom carrots, red pepper puree, kale chips and pearl barley (gf) $24
- Rye crumbed veal cutlet, sweet polish red cabbage, horseradish cream and fresh chervil $32
- Ricotta and marjoram gnocchi, white sauce and crispy herbs (v) $24
- Grilled field mushrooms, red pepper stuffed with spinach, ricotta and aromatic rice, rainbow chard and baby herbs (v, gf) $24
zubrowka bison grass vodka, four hour infused apple juice, cinnamon, star anise and lemon zest shaken over ice
wisniowa cherry vodka, nemiroff cranberry premium liquor vodka and cointreau
Daily blend of fresh juices, flavoured bitters and fresh fruits, shaken over ice and served tall
premium whiskey, bitters, lime and brown sugar stirred with a touch of orange
Cucumber and green tea caprioska
Square one cucumber vodka, kremlyovskaya cracked pepper vodka, green tea, fresh mint and lime
Zubrowka bison grass vodka, earl grey tea, fresh lemon juice, egg white and a pinch of cinnamon
Raspberry & orange
Raspberry vodka, cranberry liquor and fresh orange juice served over raspberry sorbet
Strawberry and banana shake
Banana vodka and strawberry vodka shaken with fresh strawberries
Our Bar and Restaurant Darlinghurst
Food Society's bar and restaurant in Darlinghurst – a celebration of food mixed with 'old school' hospitality and unparalleled service.
The food concept is Modern Eastern European, inspired by different regions of Eastern Europe and continually changing according to season – modern twists on Polish, Czech, Bulgarian and Balkan Cuisine in the cooler months, and inspiration from the Adriatic in summer, surprising twists on the classics can be expected.
An extensive range of unique, imported beers and spirits are on offer (over 70 vodkas!) complementing the sharing style menu – it's perfect for a family-style celebration with friends or an intimate dinner for two.
Our style of cuisine and venue décor is rustic and full of old world charm – step into the 1950's waiting room and down the red carpet into what feels like Grandma's lounge room. We are always busy finding new wines, new vintage collectables and working with our friends and family to create a menu and atmosphere that we hope you, our guests, will enjoy and remember…