Come and enjoy our award-winning morning and afternoon high tea menu. A degustation of 'tea gastronomy' - handmade savoury and sweet canapes matched with premium single origin teas and house infused vodka based iced tea cocktails.
Ideal for monrning or afternoon tea gatherings - birthdays, kitchen teas or hen's celebrations, the 'Vodka High Tea' is a hidden gem in Darlinghurst with plenty of vintage knick-knacks to intrigue and chat about, and an old world atmosphere…
The award-winning Vodka High Tea is available every Saturday from 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Canape degustation $45
Canape degustation and one of our signature chilled tea cocktails $60
Canape degustation and a glass of Veuve Clicquot $65
All packages include premium single origin tea selections.
If you are celebrating a birthday or special occasion, our chefs can cut and prepare your cake at no additional charge.
We love a great celebration – and nothing is better suited to a group dining experience than our sharing style menus!
Starting from $55 per person, we have put together our signature dishes and favourites for you to enjoy – and options to match vodkas or mini cocktails to your courses are aplenty! The dishes are well paced, substantial (and tasty!) and allow you to pass and share with your friends, while the kitchen team will happily look after any individuals with special dietary requirements.
Email us about your next celebration, and we'll chat about the best way to make that happen, and to make you feel at home…
The Food Society event team can also assist with exclusive bookings – catering up to 150 guests cocktail style and 80 seated. We can create bespoke menus and interactive food stations, or stick with our classic sharing style menus – the Darlinghurst venue is ideal for your next private or corporate event.
Welcome to Food Society, this spring is a very special time for us, we have been giving 'Grandma's lounge room' and bit of a face-lift - a lighter and brighter 'Grandma's beach house'! Eastern Europe is still where our menu lives - with modern twists on flavours from all over the Eastern Bloc, and some lighter options to compliment the warmer months. It's all still about eating, drinking and sharing and the cocktails, never-ending vodka list, and unique beers from the region continue to flow (and keep you surprised!) We hope yuou love the new look and feel as much as we do, while still enjoying your Food Society favourites!
Make sure you check out the new dumpling section on the menu - all made by hand, in house!
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: CLOSED
available for groups and private bookings
Wednesday to Saturday: 6.00pm until late
Vodka High Tea
Saturday: 12.30pm to 4.30pm
bookings essential for Vodka High Tea!
Private event bookings available
- Three cheese pierogi with duck ragu and crispy sage (v opt) 4 pcs $14
- Potato and bacon pierogi with pickled mushrooms, buttermilk and red wine vinegar (4 pcs) $14
- Czech 'steam buns' filled with brisket goulash and sour cabbage $6.5 ea
Plates to Share
- Warm olives with garlic and thyme oil (v, gf) $8
- Octopus and calamari salad with mixed grains, crispy black rice and chard $17
- Crispy fried tapioca cubes with haloumi and spiced tomato relish (v, gf) $15
- Croquettes of slow braised beef cheek and sauerkraut with herb aioli (4 pcs) $14
- Air dried beef, mackerel aioli, bread sticks and mackerel floss $16
- Spiced Apple Pie - zubrowka bison grass vodka, four hour infused apple juice, cinnamon, star anise and lemon zest shaken over ice $16
- The Kandinsky - elderflower gin, lychee liquer, early grey tea, lemon and fresh thyme $17
- Botanical Fizz - gin, elderflower liquer, muddled cucumber and fresh lime, served tall and topped with french bubbles $16
- Negrovski - The Eastern Block Negroni - Polish orange & clove vodka, aperol, sweet vermouth and a touch of bitters $16
- Bison Sour - zubrowka bison grass vodka, fresh lemon juice, egg white and pinch of cinnamon $17
- Ginger Old Fashioned - premium irish whiskey, bitters, house infused ginger syrup, earl grey tea, orange $16
- The Apple Grass Martini - zubrowka bison grass vodka, housemade dried apple liquer, cloudy apple juice and fresh lemon $16
- Espresso and Walnut Martini - espresso shot, espresso vodka, walnut liquer $17
- Mocktail - daily blend of fresh juices, flavoured bitters and fresh fruits - shaken, muddled or strained and served tall over ice $10
Our Bar and Restaurant Darlinghurst
Food Society's bar and restaurant in Darlinghurst – a celebration of food mixed with 'old school' hospitality and unparalleled service.
The food concept is Modern Eastern European, inspired by different regions of Eastern Europe and continually changing according to season – modern twists on Polish, Czech, Bulgarian and Balkan Cuisine in the cooler months, and inspiration from the Adriatic in summer, surprising twists on the classics can be expected.
An extensive range of unique, imported beers and spirits are on offer (over 70 vodkas!) complementing the sharing style menu – it's perfect for a family-style celebration with friends or an intimate dinner for two.
Our style of cuisine and venue décor is rustic and full of old world charm – step into the 1950's waiting room and down the red carpet into what feels like Grandma's lounge room. We are always busy finding new wines, new vintage collectables and working with our friends and family to create a menu and atmosphere that we hope you, our guests, will enjoy and remember…